Thursday, July 25, 2013

When is this going to be complete?

I have reached the point that it feels like we are never getting our house.  In the past week we have run into more than a few issues.  The rain on Monday, the electric company, the bank, the list goes on.

The electric company called for a locate last week, and the work order they sent said start date on the 23rd, well the 23rd came and  went and no electric.  My husband called yesterday and got 5 different stories from 5 different people that work there.  The first lady said we should set up an appointment, why on earth would they tell us now to set up an appointment???? It was requested weeks ago, and the engineer even spoke with my contractor making sure everything was correct.  The final person my husband spoke with said it was scheduled for next Tuesday, and she guaranteed it would be done that day if not before.  She also told him, make sure the main breaker is off in the house, and that no one had to be there when they hooked it up.  How does that make any sense?  Shouldn't they make sure it works before they just "hook it up" and leave.  I have a lot of frustration towards this company.

The bank is also just as difficult as the electric company.  I have sent them so much paperwork! I know that getting a loan takes a lot of work, but this is getting ridiculous.  The loan officer apologized to me today for all the requests, I am not exactly sure how that helps me, because now I still need to get more paperwork to send to them. Most of which I have no clue what they even need (or why the need it).


A little good news mixed in with all the not so great news, they framed the driveway yesterday and poured it this morning.  We can walk on it - but can't drive on it for two weeks!





Poured! 




No comments:

Post a Comment