Thursday, February 21, 2013

Finding a Floorplan......

I try to come back to reality that even though the floor plan I created looks perfect to me on paper, would it be ideal? Were the people making all the comments partially right?

I started with a new plan in mind, I am keeping the kitchen from the first plan (I saw this kitchen in one our display models in Pennsylvania and fell in love with it), but I draw a new plan and make the home a little smaller. This should help on the basement costs, attic costs, and price of the home itself, but I am not in love with the floor plan. Where are we going to put the TV? Should we have a more formal foyer? Where are we going to put our jackets? This side of the sale is a lot more difficult than when I was writing up the orders with the sales team.

I speak with the draftsman supervisor, who also lives in a new modular home, to get his input on things. Should we keep the factory furnace & heat ducts, would you leave the panel box where it is, who was your contractor, who set your home, how did you manage the whole process?

I sit back down with my husband, and my family and decide a few changes to this floor plan could make it a home we will love.

I re-submit the plan to the engineering department and wait to hear their thoughts, and see what they have drawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment