Thursday, June 27, 2013

Rain, Rain, and more Rain

It has been raining for the past three days, not great weather for getting your home completed.  Feels like we are making progress on the inside, but the rest of the project is at a stand still. 


We omitted the front eave off the home, to build the porch, and now our front windows have water coming in them.  My bedroom window sill you can see water damage, as well as under the window the drywall is bubbled up.  Not to mention the carpet and baseboard are also getting wet.  My contractor visited last night and installed some coil above the windows to help detour the water off.  The factory is aware and will be visiting for a service call, next month sometime.

In other news, I had contacted a local heating and cooling company, to take a look at our pieces & parts for our furnace, heat ducts, etc.  He visited our house one afternoon last week, and never called me back.  I talked with my contractor, he said the HVAC guy talked to him, and that he did not believe the heat system that was sent with the house was sufficient, therefore he did not want to hook the system up and be liable for any type of warranty.  Since I work here, I have heard all different stories about the HVAC systems, and contractors disagreeing with our 3rd party source.  I am going to move forward, either with the guy I have contacted, and show him all of our calculations to prove that the heating system is sufficient, and if that does not work, I will find another HVAC person to hook us up! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment