Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Starting to Pack

This weekend I tried to gather as many boxes as I could find, and start packing up stuff we don't use on a regular basis.  The kitchen was the easiest place to begin since we have so many plates and cups in the cupboards.  I took everything out of the cupboards and placed on the table, who knew so much stuff could fit in those cupboards! I packed away anything I knew I could live without and left the packed box sitting where I packed it. (Most of these boxes were very heavy with glass items - and I didn't figure a pregnant lady should be moving them around).  I also tried to pack stuff from our office, bookshelves full of books, picture frames, & mementos. I ran out of boxes! My husband moved all the boxes that I had scattered through the house into the jam-packed office until we can move some to storage. My father-in-law got us a large quantity of boxes yesterday so I can begin again. This week I will get back to the packing and all the wondering. 

We need to order our home from the factory and since tomorrow is closing on our current house, looks like it could be order for build by the end of the week! I am getting excited and very nervous at the same time. I am excited because I've been waiting for this for a long time, but I am nervous because in my head I have it built up to be something that I hope we can achieve. The color selection process is complete, except for the flooring which we are going to do on site after the home is delivered. I am satisfied with all the color selections except for the Kitchen back splash, I am not 100% sure on which tile to select.  We really like a dark oxide back splash, but I still have the thought that my kitchen might get a little too dark with all that brown.

Here is the oxide backsplash I am thinking for the kitchen!


The process of getting all the site work done is now becoming the bigger headache.  We are having trouble getting people to respond as quickly as we would like. We are at the mercy of the contractor to get the pricing back to us, and figure out what out of all the things we want - we can actually afford.  Right now our porch and are driveway aren't going to be exactly what we wanted unless we can find something else to cut. 

There is so much to think about when you start building, you get to make it your own, but if it doesn't turn out the way you had imagined it is all on you.  There are so many questions coming from every direction it is easy to get frustrated, I just have to remind myself that soon we will have the house we have been waiting for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment