Monday, April 22, 2013

Oh so many different flooring choices.....


We have been looking at different flooring choices for months, there are so many choices! We have a sample of the cabinet color and have been carrying it around with us to compare colors. We decided that we wanted to install our own laminate flooring in the Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room, and Family room. We found a few colors that we liked at Menards, and a few colors at Lumber Liquidators, both were priced closely. We decided on Friday afternoon that we would go to Lumber Liquidators that evening and check out a different color I found online. It just so happened that their annual sale was happening last weekend as well. We found the color that I saw online, and decided that was it! It had to be special order since we needed so much laminate. We also ordered the transition bars, and the quarter round. We were very excited, one thing checked off the list!

Sunday afternoon we decided to go ceiling fan shopping. We will be adding at least two ceiling fans when we receive the house, one in the living room and one in the family room. I picked out 3 fans out of the hundreds that were on display. Then I asked my husband which one out of the 3 was his favorite, of course he picked the most expensive one! So we bought 2 of them (they are going into storage with all of our other things!). My only struggle is I hope they illuminate the rooms, the fans we decided on have one large globe covering the three light bulbs. We had similar fans at our old house, except for the globe was a more "yellowish gold" and they did not show as bright as I would have liked them too. The new fans' globes are white so I have hope - of course the other 2 fans I picked out had the "hanging" globes (one globe on each light) - probably a lot more light, but not the look my husband wanted. We are trying to share all the decisions, so we both love our new house.

After purchasing the fans, we decided to look at Menards for some ceramic tile for our foyer entry. I had the cabinet door sample (which is actually the same color as our trim, and our interior doors) and the sample of the laminate we purchased on Friday evening. We found some tile that we both love, of course it is special order, we need to get the measurements for the foyer, and then we will order the tile. My husband says "let’s just LOOK at the laminate flooring here" - from this moment I knew we were going to be in trouble. Keep in mind I had been here many a times before and picked out two colors that I thought looked great with the cabinet door. My husband walks over the couple of aisles and picks out the exact laminate I had selected twice before, in fact we already had a sample at home, and a picture on my phone of this color. After about an hour or so of deciding what to do now - we called and cancelled our first order of laminate from Lumber Liquidators, and placed a new order at Menards. I sure hope we like this flooring - this has been one of the hardest decisions we have had to make so far....hope the other decisions are not as difficult (and if they are I hope few and far between)!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment