Sunday, April 14, 2013

Window Shopping for the New House

On Saturday we went "window" shopping for our new house. We can't exactly buy things for the house, since we have limited storage as it is.  We visited Lumber Liquidators to look at laminate flooring for the home. I omitted the carpet and vinyl from the Living room, Kitchen, Dining room, and Family room, so we can install our own laminate flooring.  Laminate is available from the factory but I was not thrilled with the colors that matched the cabinets, plus it is an expensive option, so we opted to do it ourselves.  We found a couple of selections that we liked and now just need to make the decision. While we were there we were told that this coming week, they start their big spring sale! We will make our decision this week on the color selection and whether we go to this sale this weekend or if we can find a laminate that we like at Menards,since they are also having a sale this week.


We also shopped for furniture for our daughters room.  I have an idea in my head of what I want her room to look like, and have not been able to find exactly what I am looking for.  While looking at the bedroom furniture I found a table I really like for the the Dining room. 

Overall a good "window" shopping sort of day. Now we need to make a couple of decisions and wait for the house to be able to buy the things we need!

No comments:

Post a Comment